Monday 22 October 2012


Well here we are and would you believe its Monday again, after a busy week and an even busier Saturday I am not too sad to be glued to my office chair and in front of my beloved website! I think Richard is beginning to lose interest in me as all I yabber on about is Google, updates and Rankings. Whilst he on the other hand blabbers on about Panto Gags and who is doing what in our Christmas Show.

The last week has been once again a very full one, we even managed a trip en famille to Bristol and whilst Charlie was busy working for a living we read through the Christmas Show and timed it. I am pleased to report we do indeed have a great show, so all the people who have already brought their tickets and paid for them you can relax; there will be a show to watch! And what’s even better it’s funny, original and all written by the lovely Richard.

He really should write more he is such a great writer, I sometimes despair at some of the writing we see on so called ‘sitcoms’ It is truly shocking, Friday Night Dinner, to mention no names is a pretty good example of some poor writing and what is so sad is that their first series was hilarious. Maybe they need Ricky to inject a bit of laugh out loud comedy in it.

Thursday evening we had a ‘Blag’ rehearsal, as this weekend we are doing a charity slot at the local Theatre to celebrate their anniversary and we were invited to join in the fun. So we will be resurrecting a section from our parody show’ Entertainment …My Arts’. I am actually really looking forward to it as both Bobby my son and Charlie B will be joining us up on stage. We’ll be like the Von Trapps except there are only four of us and we’re not Austrian! The section we are doing will be from Les Mis revolve and all!


Saturday was once again filled with lots of excitement among my little ones as now they have accepted that they will be playing animals, they are quite frankly over the moon and far away. We did a fair bit of character work in class and now I am pleased to say they are all very enthusiastic. It’ll be just a matter of weeks before they will be convincing me they need to rehearse every week in full costume!

All my 11:30am Class got on splendidly well with their duologues and I think it is going to prove quite challenging for them as they will need to be very disciplined to work independently. We work shopped a few blocking techniques this week and demonstrated it with a few of the pieces; I seem to have a really great mix of pieces so it will be exciting to watch them come together.

The Elders also had a good week, it’s a difficult class for commitment as they are all doing either GCSE or As levels so they have so much school work to do but the majority do their best to come regularly.
As I said last week, the comedy that they produce is outstanding and this week the boys once again did an amazing Video Games sketch as well as another group doing a superb skit on Harry Potter. Who knows, they maybe writers in the making.

My little Blaggers class last week was a bit on the thin side but quite frankly they are so lovely and I quite enjoy the fact that you can spend one to one time on them. So even though I am running at a loss it’s still a lot of fun. When did money ever motivate me?!!! They even brought me a fortune cookie this week and you’ll be pleased to know the future looks rosy. So bring on some more Little Blaggers.

The other thing I am pleased I managed to do last week was to book a venue for next year for Ricky and I to do the two hander play that the lovely Joan Greening has written for us. This of course fills us both with dread; I mean can we actually learn that much dialogue? Well I am sure we will find out soon enough. Ricky has suggested that it may be an idea to secrete the lines around the set and costumes, I’m not sure he’s joking.


The week rounded off nicely with a private showing (Well us all bunched round the computer) of Charlie’s movie she did last year with the rather muscular Jean Claude Van Damme. The film ‘Six Bullets’ has a very similar story line to ‘Taken’ and was really quite scary, several times Charlie and I ended up with our jumpers over our eyes, it reminded me of watching Doctor Who when I was a kid. I thought she did a cracking job and considering it was her first lead I think she should be very proud, I was but then I’m her mum. I was proud of her when she used to spin on her arse in her ballet class when she was four, bless!


Well I think that’s about it for now, it’s nearly time for my first lesson. So hope you enjoyed the read and I’ll be back here soon, see you then.


Oh by the way if you fancy a Christmas show that’s a bit different join us at The Pump House Watford. 15th-22nd December Box office 01923 772320. You can then judge for yourself if Ricky’s writing is funny. Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment