Saturday 13 October 2012

Lynn Beaumont's Saturday -13 October 2012

I have just finished teaching at Blag Youth and am enjoying a well earned cup of tea and some chocolate! In fact if I am truthful it is actually more than one bar! I know its poor show but it was a very long morning/afternoon.
Today at Blag we had a very productive session, my first class started work on a group piece which is an adaption from 'Wind in the Willows' and although I was first met with cries of 'I don't want to play an animal' they quickly came round to my way of thinking once they had read it and I had shared a few stories of how Richard and I played the Rabbits at the Vaudeville Theatre in London shortly after we got married. Sadly no pictures, goodness knows what happens to all the pics we take, I do know though I have a bag of disposable cameras lurking upstairs that probably have some good ole memories on them, but can just imagine the cost to develop 50 films! I 'll trust my imagination and leave the films for another ten years.

My 11.30am class were beside themselves with excitement as today I gave out duologues to the majority of the class. This was quite a challenge to come up with, I needed 12 duos that were age appropriate and that didn't involve animals. Also the fact that it was a class of teenagers meant that the material also had be fairly current. Luckily for me they all seemed quite happy with my choices and went off clutching scripts with loud cries from me pleading with them not to forget them next week. As if they would!

My Elders continued work on their own show, 'The Noughties'. This is a devised show which will focus on the last decade. They basically , under my guidance write their own show. The show will include sketches, facts, songs and probably a lot of buffoonery but will make for a very entertaining evening for mums and dads and hopefully their friends. It always amazes me the talent that is lurking, especially when it comes to comedy. Past pupils have gone on to devise their own shows and also had great success with them. I currently have a little group of three lads who are really excellent, their sketches are original and current and I can see a bright future for them. Its so brilliant when you see a spark, that little something that makes you sit up and take note.

So here I am now writing a Blog, I know I haven't been about for a bit and I changed the name of the blog but the important thing is I am back and going to try and do this once a week. So watch this space.

The website www.dramaclasses.biz is my second passion and continually amazes me how much work I have to put in to it, the great thing is I love it and I hope that others do too. We have quite a collection of schools now which is good, so hopefully it gives a good choice for those looking for classes. I always say if you can't find what you are looking for, please do get in touch, I am so happy to help.

Richard, (Husband, business partner and best friend) is busy writing our Christmas show and is getting near the end.Thank the lord, we start rehearsals in just a few weeks time so he had better get a move on. The show this year is going to take a slightly different format, we had both got a bit tired of trying to rhyme things with tinsel and Balls! So this year it is the A-Z of panto, all the tricks of the trade and facts you didn't know, a real xmas treat. To be honest I have been so busy with dramaclasses and teaching I haven't had time to perform anywhere else this year so it is time to brush of the cobwebs from my vocal cords and whap out a few songs.

The other exciting thing is daughter 'Charlotte' has been busy building her career too and quite frankly it looks like shes doing a pretty good job of it. (Better than her Mother) She is busy filming the ITV Drama 'Broadchurch' and is having a wonderful time despite the fact she is doing her A levels and in the process of learning to drive and as if that wasnt enough she then announced yesterday that she will also be taking the part of 'Eponine' in the Boys school production of 'Les Mis'. Really! She has assured me it will give her the motivation to study!

So with my Saturday night drawing in (Xfactor and a take away just a couple of hours away) and Charlie to ferry to a party I will sign off  but I will be back with further updates on my life. So hope to see you here.

Lynn
x


1 comment: